Lists, lists, lists & posts
- we've got lists and posts to make you happy!!
The Ethnologue might be instituting restrictions, but many other parts of linguistics - especially documentation and descriptive, is getting more and more open!
- list of open access venues in linguistics
- post explaining open access and varieties of it
- list of cross-linguistic databases by Bodo Winter
- list of helpful blog posts on freely accessibly cross-linguistic databases
- posts tagged "free PDF", because - you guessed it - they contain links to interesting publicly available research
- posts tagged "Open Access", because obvious
- a post on the newly started Open Access publishing house, Endangered Languages Publishing
You can read more about the resources of SIL International here.
Now, doesn't that feel a lot better now? Better about SIL, better about linguistics. Just better. Dancing is permitted.
P.S. For those who wondered, the lady with the big bow is Kyary Pamyu Pamyu and she's a J-Pop star and very good. Want to know more about the usage of reaction gifs (them moving images there), go look what fellow linguist Gretchen McCulloch says on AllThingsLinguistic (here and here).